Time is Zooooming

IT'S been 2 days since I finished my first year of university studies. 

I can definitely say I am very surprised that this year flew past even faster than my last year of high school. It's a very strange and unique feeling, knowing that I already completed a year of uni. It's almost kind of a "surreal" sort of feel. Although I reflect on how fast and bizarre time goes towards the end of each year, this year has been somewhat the same yet completely different at the same time. 

I know it's a bit early to reflect on the year in early November but for me, the year ends when studying does. Uni and school are very similar in the sense that you study, you stress and you do assignments and sit exams. However, nearly every other element of uni and school is different or altered in some way. Classes aren't every day, making friends is the same yet with a completely different approach, grades holds heavier weight than it did back in school (but depends on each individuals' preference) and generally, going to uni really highlights your independence. 



I still have a super long way to go before I regard myself as fully independent but uni really does force you to step out of your comfort zone. Nonetheless, I am grateful to have this opportunity in education and also a little guilty that my family is willing to support me to such a significant extent. My friends are also major contributing factor who makes my life easier every day. I can confidently and honestly say that this year went by so smoothly and fast (despite a slightly bumpy road) thanks to my family and friends for fuelling my determination to get through a foreign yet thrilling 2015. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers

Popular Posts