Twenty Sixteen: A Year of "Firsts"


2016 was filled with a bunch of "firsts". 

Some of the major ones included a funeral and wedding. So yes ... this year was quite the rollercoaster ride. I've also had my first experience going paintballing, doing shisha, rock pool swimming/jumping (freaking freezing), travelling without a tour guide (nub life), going to a concert (FLUME!), going to a water theme park (Wet n' Wild) and getting my hair dyed (wine red).

R & B's Wedding

Flume Concert in Brissy
Me & S matey


This year I just did so many things I've never done before. So just 'accomplishing' these firsts, whether significant or trivial, I feel like it's been a pretty productive year .. even if some of these first-timers weren't necessarily a positive encounter.

Regarding other major firsts (that I won't specifically mention), it's just a reminder that life goes on no matter what. Even though the incidents are commonly viewed as depressing or upsetting events attached with a connotation of negativity, I learn from it. In an earlier post I wrote about wanting to becoming a better person, I think I fulfilled this by gathering insight due to those occurrences. It may have been very upsetting but ya know, shit happens. At least I think these new experiences significantly reduced my struggle to grasp the harsh reality of life. So yeah, it's been a hectic year and I'm anxious/eager to see if 2017 will top '16. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers

Popular Posts